Wednesday 9 March 2011

Courgette stuffed pancakes - a dinner from left overs

It was pancake day yesterday and couldn't bring myself to throwing out my unused batter, so I came up with the following recipe.


There was enough batter left to make one large pancake, which I cooked off and left in the fridge until ready to use for next day's dinner.


I addition to the pancake I had the following ingredients to hand.

2 courgettes chopped into medium size chucks.
1 clove of garlic finely chopped.












Heat vegetable or olive oil in a pan.  
Add courgette and garlic, seasoning with salt & pepper.
Fry on a medium heat for 15 mins until soft and tender.












Take pancake and place in oven proof dish.












Place cooked courgette onto pancake.












Fold pancake over courgettes and then with a bechamel sauce or as I had some left over home made curry sauce,  pour this over the folded pancake.












Cover with aluminum foil and cook in 180 C oven for 20 minutes.
Eat straight from oven or as this is a left over dinner, why not serve with whatever else you have left over in your fridge!



1 comment: